* 1 lb ground turkey
* 1 lb andouille sausage, fresh, casing removed
* 1 box lasagna noodles, dried
* 1 red onion, diced
* 1 bell pepper, diced
* 1 stalk celery, diced
* 1/2 bunch Italian parsley, minced
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 cups chicken broth
* 1 28oz. can crushed tomatoes
* 1 6oz. can tomato paste
* 1 1/2 tablespoons creole seasoning
* 1 tablespoon black pepper
* 1 tablespoon garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon onion powder
* 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
* 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* For the Ricotta/Cheese Mixture:
* 1 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese, grated
* 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
* 2 cups jack cheese, grated
* 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, grated
* 2 cups ricotta cheese
* 2 eggs, beaten
* extra virgin olive oil
* Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
* Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta for 6 minutes.
* Rinse Pasta with warm water, drain, coat with oil and set aside.
* Mix seasonings, reserve 1 tablespoon for ricotta/cheese mixture, and divide remaining seasons in half, set aside.
* In a large soup pot heated over medium heat add 2 tablespoon of olive oil, add onion, bell pepper, and celery.
* Saute for about 5 minutes, add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
* Add ground turkey and andouille sauce, break into small chunks. Season with half of the seasoning blend and cook until browned about 15 minutes.
* Add tomato paste and mix well, cook for 5 more minutes.
* Add crushed tomatoes and chicken broth, season with remaining seasoning blend and mix well.
* Lower heat to medium-low add parsley and cook uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
* To Assemble Ricotta/Cheese Mixture:
* Mix eggs, ricotta, parmigiano reggiano, 1 cup sharp, jack, and mozzarella cheese with remaining seasoning blend and set side.
* To Assemble Lasagna:
* In a large greased 13X9 inch casserole dish, place about 1 cup of pasta sauce on the bottom.
* Top with lasagna noodles, slightly overlapping noodles.
* Top with more pasta sauce, top with about 6 heaping tablespoons of ricotta/cheese mixture.
* Top with a handful of remaining grated cheeses and repeat with another layer of lasagna noodles, meat mixture/ricotta cheese mixture/grated cheese.
* For the last layer top with noodles, pasta sauce and remaining grated cheeses.
* Cover casserole with greased foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
* Remove foil and cook 20 minutes more.
* Remove from oven, allow to cool 10 minutes. Serve with garlic bread.
If you can’t find fresh andouille sausage, smoked sausage can be used and diced into small chunks.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
Serving Size: 6-8