Tenderized octopus, char-grilled and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of fresh lemon, and a sprinkling of fresh parsley. Simple, yet deliciously satisfying.
Grilled octopus, made at home, can it get any better?
Ordering octopus at a restaurant could be pricey.
I don’t mind paying for a nicely cooked octopus, but at times, let’s say often times is could be undercooked and chewy.
That’s why, I learned how to make it at home.
I’m excited to share this Grilled Octopus Recipe with you today.
And it is so easy. I can’t believe it.
This grilled octopus recipe is perfect for an appetizer with a glass of chilled white wine.
Great for summer.
My whole family loves this recipe and it is so simple, but flavorful and delicious
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 wine cork
- 3 1/2 pounds octopus, head and beak removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Great Value Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 1 h
- Ready In 1 h 45 m
- Fill a large pot 1/2 full with water. Add 2 tablespoons kosher salt, peppercorns, and the wine cork; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, place octopus on a cutting board. Using a wooden spoon or meat mallet, pound the octopus multiple times, starting in the middle and moving down each tentacle to tenderize the meat.
- Dip tentacles into the boiling water 3 times, holding them in the boiling water 2 to 3 seconds each time, until the tentacles curl up. Submerge entire octopus in the boiling water. Bring water back to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until octopus is fork-tender, 45 to 60 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill octopus until charred on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat, slice into pieces, and place on a serving platter. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, squeeze lemon over top, sprinkle with parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.